EMJNA’s Pre-Construction Plan & Cost Review is performed to determine whether the submitted plans and specifications conform to generally accepted construction practices and that construction from them should produce the proposed project. In addition, the Pre-Construction Plan & Cost Review assesses the cost breakdown and examines the completeness and sufficiency of the total hard cost monies allocated to complete the construction.
The review calls attention to any potential trouble spots before construction proceeds, such as gross omissions, inappropriate construction costs and unrealistic schedules. EMJNA provides a written report containing an evaluation of the project documents and hard costs.
EMJNA’s team is on-site to ensure work completed to date is compliant with plans, specifications, standards of good workmanship and safe storage of material. Feasibility of the proposed completion date and adequacy of remaining funds for completion are closely monitored by EMJNA. These services include:
- Review of design drawings, specifications and associated design documents for completeness and conformity with overall project objectives
- Review of permits, construction contracts, environmental reports and utility agreements
- Review of regulatory and entitlement documents
- Analysis of the hard-cost budget for adequacy, distribution and line item appropriateness
- Evaluation of the proposed construction schedule and completion date
- On-site visits to monitor the project during construction
- Tracking percentage of work-in-place and funds available to complete the project
- Analysis of contingency budget